The sport of hockey is fast paced, physical and demanding of the body on many levels. Therefore, the importance of an effective Strength & Conditioning program can’t be understated. An effective Strength & Conditioning program will improve performance and help prevent injury throughout the course of a season.
Goal of the Program: The goal of the Journey To Excel Strength & Conditioning program is to:
- Improve each athlete’s mobility through assessment and intelligent corrective exercise prescription.
- Improve total body strength and power
- Improve Aerobic and Anaerobic Capacity & Power
- Learn how to effectively warm-up and mobilize to prevent injury and prep for performance
Session Breakdown: Typical Strength & Conditioning Sessions are 60 minutes in length and are broken down as follows:
- Mobility/Dynamic Warm-Up (10-15 minutes)
- Resistance Training – Strength & Power focus (35-45 minutes)
- Energy Systems Training – Anaerobic Power & Aerobic Capacity focus (5-15 min)
Team Training Sessions: A more affordable alternative to private training, team-training sessions offer a balance between dedicated one-on-one coaching and the competitive group training experience. This is a favorite among professional athletes as it usually provides a more competitive and inspired training environment. All sessions are lead by 2 qualified Strength Coaches.
Recommending Training Schedule: Coaches and parents should not feel intimidated by quality Strength & Conditioning programs during the season. In fact, gains can be made in every aspect of physical fitness during the course of a hockey season. We recommend between 1-3 team dry-land training sessions per week performed either before or after team on-ice practices.
Benefits of Good Habits: Strength & Conditioning Training should be viewed as a lifestyle not as an event. Teaching and promoting good training and eating habits early on in an athletes young career will benefit their overall health and well-being long after their playing days are over.
For more information or pricing options please contact Adrian Lomonaco:
By email: Adrian@JourneytoExcel.com
By phone: 416-996-5132